Improved Community Health Program, Liberia
Stand Out Results:
Project: Improved Community Health Program, Liberia
Budget: $11.5 Million
The Problem: Liberia’s past 20-plus years of brutal conflict has resulted in a steady decline in the already scarce social services. This has been a major barrier to the expansion and delivery of reproductive and primary health care services throughout the country.
Long-Term Goal of Project: To increase the use of primary health care services through the participation of civil society in the three counties of Nimba, Bong and Monteserrado.
- Increase knowledge on malaria prevention and treatment.
- Increase immunization coverage.
- Improve reproductive health service delivery.
- Increase community participation in the prevention and treatment of common illnesses.
- Implement Behavior Change Campaigns to sensitize communities on improved health practices.
Direct Beneficiaries: 330,891 individuals at 37 clinics and their catchment areas.