There are many ways for you to help the people of Africa by donating to Africare. Africare partners with people in rural communities, usually in remote locations, throughout the continent of Africa to empower them to overcome the challenges they face. Partner with us to change a life. Partner with us to save a life.
You can support Africare through your credit card, debit card or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). Online giving through our donation form is safe and quick.
If you prefer to donate online at PayPal.com, follow the steps and refer to the example screenshot below:
1. Go to PayPal.com to log in or sign up if you don’t have an account.
2. Enter “email@example.com” in the send money “To” field. This will notify our Development Data and Research Specialist Angela Thomas of the transaction.
3. Enter your donation amount and select your currency.
4. Select “I’m paying for goods or services.”
Here is an example of a PayPal donation for your reference. Donations of all sizes are truly appreciated. Don’t feel any pressure to give this much!
5. Select “Continue” and scroll to the bottom of the next page to add your name and contact information in the “Email to Recipient Message” so that we can say thank you and acknowledge your gift! Please also include other pertinent information about the gift, such as whether it is from a fundraising event or if it is made in honor of someone else.
6. Thank you for your donation!
Donate by Mail
You can support Africare through a check or money order made payable to Africare. Please note: Payments must be in U.S. dollars and drawn on a U.S. bank. We strongly advise against sending cash through the mail. If you would like Africare to send envelopes to you for ease of your next gift, please let us know.
Mail Gifts To:
440 R Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20001
Donate by Telephone
You can support Africare through a telephone donation, which is best for credit cards. At this time, Africare only accepts MasterCard and Visa (not American Express). Both U.S. and international credit cards are welcomed. Call 1-202-328-5367 Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time for assistance.
Make an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
You can support Africare through an EFT donation, which is often more convenient for non-U.S. donors. Please contact Angela Thomas at 1-202-328-5367 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For more information
Contact Africare’s Office of Development:
Africare is a private, charitable organization
Header Photo: Adam Finck